Support for HM-901 and New Versions HM901S / HM901U - Contact HIFIMAN - HIFIMAN Forums - Powered by Discuz! 
MobileMobile | Continue

Support for HM-901 and New Versions HM901S / HM901U - Contact HIFIMAN

View: 7431|Reply: 7

Support for HM-901 and New Versions HM901S / HM901U

[Copy link]
Post on 9-3--2015 12:10:23 | All posts |Read mode
Hello,

I have owned my HM901 for less than 1 year, it appears that this device has been discontinued. I have also read that there is a "upgrade" program for current owners ogf the HM901. My specific questions are;
1) What is the latesrt firmware version for the HM901 and where can it be downloaded?
2) Will there be future firmware updates for the HM901, or is it a orphaned product?
3) The HM901 is still for sale at least in the United States, if it has been "discontinued". Don't you have an obligation to inform potential customers of this?
4) What exactly is the upgrade process for current owners of the HM901 to the newer models?
5) What are the differences between the HM901 / HM 901S and HM901U besides price?
6) When will the DSD option be available for the HM901?

Props Report

Post on 9-9--2015 18:06:17 | All posts
An answer on these questions would be very helpful for many people - Fang/Summer/Alvin?
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Post on 9-11--2015 11:56:47 | All posts
Hello
Sorry for the late reply
Here come the answers for the question you concerned and hope they are helpful for you:
1) What is the latesrt firmware version for the HM901 and where can it be downloaded?We just announced the new firmware for HM 901 and other modules. And here is the link to download it: http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm901/update.zip
Here are links for other modules:

For HM901U
http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm901u/update.zip

For HM901s
http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm901s/update.zip

For HM802U
http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm802u/update.zip

For HM650
http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm650/update.zip

For HM802
http://down.head-direct.com/2.004/hm802/update.zip
2) Will there be future firmware updates for the HM901, or is it a orphaned product?
yes, it isn't a orphaned product.

3) The HM901 is still for sale at least in the United States, if it has been "discontinued". Don't you have an obligation to inform potential customers of this?
Yeah, HM901 is not for sale on our official online store like head-direct or our ebay.amazon store but our dealers may still have it in stock so it is still for sale now

Yeah, Sorry for that we didn't make a public press release and that's our fault.We have made a discountinued sign when you put you mouse on HM901 on hifiman.com . so does HM802 .

4) What exactly is the upgrade process for current owners of the HM901 to the newer models?
We have a upgrade process for HM901 to 901s which means the HM901 owner can pay $499 and send back the HM901. We will send back a new HM901s which can't be refund but still enjoys one year warrenty. But now HM901s is in high demand so the offer is now limited now.
5) What are the differences between the HM901 / HM 901S and HM901U besides price?
HM901U has better treatment of noise than HM901.  
HM901S differs from HM901 and HM901U. It has much better stereo isolation and musical quality.
Both HM901U and HM901S are equipped with TAICHI UI. However, HM901S does have faster power on/off in three seconds.
HM901S has no high/low gain switch on side of the player.
Compared with HM901U, HM901S has much better stereo isolation and musical quality.

6) When will the DSD option be available for the HM901?
Now HM901can now play music in DSD format (Direct Stream Digital, which includes DFF and DSF files).

Regards,
Emily
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team

This post contains more resources..

You need to Login to download attachments. No account? Register Now

x
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Author| Post on 9-15--2015 01:57:18 | All posts
Hello Emily and all at HiFiMan,

I would like to thank you for answering my questions. Much appreciated.
I have few more questions, specifically they are;

1) Does or will the HM901S or HM901U be manufactured in another color than Silver (Black or Dark Grey?)
2) Is there any sonic benefit to upgrading from the balanced amplifier card to the discrete balanced version now available?
3) Is there anyway to display full screen album cover art with the HM901 series? Maybe a future firmware update.
4) It can be really difficult to view the screen display in sunlight, can the screen brightness / contrast be addressed in a future upgrade? I realize there will be a trade off concerning battery life. A possible option in the TAICHI firmware perhaps?

Again, Thank you.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Post on 9-23--2015 17:32:27 | All posts
Hi Sir,
Sorry for the late reply again. Feel free to contact our customer service anytime if there is anything we could help. Hope the following answers are helpful.
1) For now, we haven't gotten a plan to manufacture these two new models in another color. Which color do you prefer? We do appreciate the suggestions from honored customers like you.
2) Sorry that I didn't get the question, could you figure out the "discrete balanced version now available" you mentioned here?
3)4)For the full screen album cover and screen brightness, we are sorry that we can't solve them in a short term as the concern of format support and battery life. But our team is keeping working on the development of our players and look forward to get great news as soon as possible with your consistent support.
Thanks for all your questions and feel free to contact us at customerservice@hifiman.com if we didn't reply in time.
Have a good day.

Regards,
Emily
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Author| Post on 9-28--2015 05:42:03 | All posts
Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply.

1) For now, we haven't gotten a plan to manufacture these two new models in another color. Which color do you prefer?

Black

2) Sorry that I didn't get the question, could you figure out the "discrete balanced version now available" you mentioned here?

It is described on the website as "Fully Balanced Discrete Musical Amp Card", it seems to be a option for the HM-901U but not listed for HM-901S.

3) 4) For the full screen album cover and screen brightness, we are sorry that we can't solve them in a short term as the concern
   of format support and battery life. But our team is keeping working on the development of our players and look forward to get
   great news as soon as possible with your consistent support.

Any firmware options concerning those issues would be welcomed by your customers.

Best Regards,

Landcruiser

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Post on 9-29--2015 15:37:37 | All posts
Hi Landcruiser,
1)I will forward your opinion to Fang and hope we could look forward a black HM901S in the future. Thanks for your suggestion. :-)
2) The Musical amp card is the standard combo for HM901U and it is also an option for 901s. But the best amp cards that can work well with 901U is Balanced card and Minibox Gold.
In fact, Musical card stands out for its mellow and smooth sound, also the vacuum-tube tone.
3)4)Yeah, I have told our technical department about this and they will pay attention to it in the future. Our team is always working on offering better products and service.
Have a good day and feel free to contact us if there is anything we could help.

Regards,
Emily
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Post on 10-1--2015 10:45:09 | All posts
We have a upgrade process for HM901 to 901s which means the HM901 owner can pay $499 and send back the HM901. We will send back a new HM901s which can't be refund but still enjoys one year warrenty. But now HM901s is in high demand so the offer is now limited now.

Looks like the upgrade process (trade in) to HM901s is not available to current owners of the HM901.   Do you know when will it be available again?
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum